Money matters

Bank account
Financial support


You can easily open a bank account in Belgium. We strongly recommend KBC Bank since they are less ‘difficult’ for students than other banks.
To open an account and to be able to withdraw money, KBC needs:
Identity card
Visum (only for Turkish students)
Student card of Arteveldehogeschool
Letter that proves that you are an official student of UC Arteveldehogeschool Ghent. The letter will be provided by the RIBA-coordinator of UC Arteveldehogeschool Ghent as soon as you have sent your application form to the International Office.

KBC will give you an IBAN-number so your parents can deposit money and you can withdraw it without paying expenses.

Offices of KBC are to be found all over Ghent, the closest one is:
Kouter 175
9000 Gent
Tel: +32 (0) 9 224 93 00
Fax: +32 (0) 9 224 93 01
Email: This email address is being protected from spam bots, you need Javascript enabled to view it

Financial support:

The Erasmus scholarship of outgoing students is to be taken care of by the sending institution.
UC Arteveldehogeschool Ghent cannot offer financial support to foreign students.