Residence Permit

You need to register your right to live in Finland, if your stay lasts for longer than three months (residence permit). This can be done when you are in Finland. Application forms are available at the local police station. When registering, you must submit a statement explaining how you will finance your stay in Finland. A certificate of a scholarship or other financial aid the student receives is usually enough.

To register you also need to have:
o a passport or other identification document
o two passport size photographs
o a certificate confirming your registration as an exchange student at Satakunta Polytechnic