AHS Belgium
UC Arteveldehogeschool Ghent
Application Procedure
Various Information
General Info
Concept of RIBA
Objectives of RIBA
For whom?
Academic acknowledgment
Local RIBA coordinators


Contact RIBA
Financed by



Home arrow Testimonials arrow Foreign Students arrow VISA requirements & residence permit
VISA requirements & residence permit PDF Print E-mail

 Students from Belgium, Finland, Germany and Lithuania who want to come and study in Rotterdam as an exchange student:

You do NOT need a visa to enter the Netherlands, neither for a short stay, nor for a long stay. All you need is a valid passport. It is however highly recommended to go to the local immigration authorities within three days after your arrival to register.

Turkish students who want to come and study in Rotterdam as an exchange student:
For residence in the Netherlands you need an entry visa. This visa is called a Machtiging tot Voorlopig Verblijf voor Studie ("MVV") if you intend to study in the Netherlands for a period longer than three months. In the Netherlands you must apply for a residence permit for study with your MVV. So you start by applying for an MVV. The procedure is described below.
The Immigration Department (IND) decides if the foreign student applying for the MVV meets all requirements.

As of Fall 2008 foreign students are no longer able to arrange student visas themselves and their student visa applications need to go trough the school they are going to visit. Visa requirements vary depending on nationality.

At Hogeschool Rotterdam, the Global Recruitment and Student Support (GR&SS) office arranges visa and residence permits. Procedures can be quite lengthy so please allow plenty of time fro preparations.

If you will be needing a visa please inform the international office as soon as possible so we can send you the procedure information as you will be able to start making arrangements. Students without proper entry documents will not be accepted into the programmes.

Please send the visa application procedure PDF with your details to the GR&SS office if you need an MVV/VVR (travel visa and resident permit) or only a VVR (resident permit). Do this before the 1st of June for Fall semester or 1st of December for the Spring semester so they have the time to make you an invoice for the matters you need. GR&SS office Mrs. Frederieke van Rooyen: This email address is being protected from spam bots, you need Javascript enabled to view it

All rights reserved - Design © 2018 RIBA - Raising International Business Awareness | a Slaghvin Media solution
Content Management by Julie De Jonghe - Financed by the Socrates-Erasmus Network of the European Commission